|Posted on November 10, 2015 at 7:00 PM||comments (2)|
As you know from every home improvement show on TV, curb appeal is very important. What can you do to make your house have a greater curb appeal? There are quick, easy and inexpensive ways as well as costly and time consuming. I'm going to show you a few of the first category: quick, easy and inexpensive! This project took 2 people working two 8 hour days for a total of about 32 hours. That means that one couple could get this done in a weekend~ especially if they have extra help.
Can you tell what was done in two days of work?
- Powerwashed the sidewalks, shutters, and house
- Painted the shutters, door, and house numbers
- Trimmed the bushes
- Replanted the existing plants to spread them out across the front of the house (saved $ by not buying new especially since it was fall and it was going to freeze soon anyway)
- Added a door mat
- Added potted plants and potted flowers
- Cleaned out the gutters
- Trimmed the trees (this made the living room brighter, too, which was much needed!)
Costs: Under $400
For us, it cost us labor as we hired out for it but if you have kids to do some of the labor, you are set! The approximate costs were as follows:
- Paint for shutters~ approximately $32
- Door mat~ $20
- Potted flowers~ $20
- Labor~ $10/hour @ 32 hours = $320
The hardest part was getting the shutters down, painted and back up on the house. We labeled them as we took them down so that we would save time putting them back in the same place. It is evident that cutting the trees added more light to the house.
|Posted on April 1, 2015 at 11:10 PM||comments (0)|
What are some of the projects that you can do to the exterior of your home if you'd like to increase it's appeal to potential buyers? This home (below) is a great example of how the homeowner made some changes to increase this home's value.
- New siding (changed from white to gray)
- Painted shutters a contrasting color
- Put in new door and painted it red
- Put a portico over the front door
- Added potted plants by front door
- Landscaped and lawncare
- New light fixtures